Are you smiling? Well, you should be smiling because we will answer your question, how do I become a security guard, in the following information! You are only a few steps away from changing your life! We will help you learn how to become a security guard! In addition, you made the right choice of seeking a position as a Security Guard. Furthermore, we are going to show you how to enter the security field that is in high demand! In brief, we will tell you why our website, Experienced Security Guard Training Help Center is here to help you to become a security guard.
REMEMBER, WE ARE YOUR ONE-STOP WEBSITE IN HELPING YOU LEARN HOW TO BECOME A SECURITY GUARD.
Security Guard Training
We have tools and information to help you become a Security Guard. Also, we cover individual state requirements and licensing.
- Firstly, we give you interviewing tips and coaching advice.
- Secondly, we offer resume help as well as give you a head’s up about the hiring process.
- Thirdly, we will provide you with information about classes to take and the training requirements and much more. Even if you do not have your high school diploma, all hope is not lost. Your GED is readily acceptable!
- Fourthly, if you don’t have your GED yet, we will do our best to help you to get it.
- Lastly, you should know that there are plenty of Security Guard jobs just waiting for you!
PLEASE CLICK YOUR STATE TO FIND OUT THE REQUIREMENTS OF HOW TO BECOME A SECURITY GUARD.
- ➤ Alaska
- ➤ Arkansas
- ➤ Arizona
- ➤ Alabama
- ➤ California
- ➤ Colorado
- ➤ Connecticut
- ➤ Delaware
- ➤ Florida
- ➤ Georgia
- ➤ Hawaii
- ➤ Idaho
- ➤ Illinois
- ➤ Indiana
- ➤ Iowa
- ➤ Kansas
- ➤ Kentucky
- ➤ Louisiana
- ➤ Maine
- ➤ Maryland
- ➤ Massachusetts
- ➤ Michigan
- ➤ Minnesota
- ➤ Mississippi
- ➤ Missouri
- ➤ Montana
- ➤ Nebraska
- ➤ Nevada
- ➤ New-Hampshire
- ➤ New-Jersey
- ➤ New-Mexico
- ➤ New-York
- ➤ North-Carolina
- ➤ North-Dakota
- ➤ Ohio
- ➤ Oklahoma
- ➤ Oregon
- ➤ Pennsylvania
- ➤ Rhode-Island
- ➤ South-Carolina
- ➤ South-Dakota
- ➤ Tennessee
- ➤ Texas
- ➤ Utah
- ➤ Vermont
- ➤ Virginia
- ➤ Washington-State
- ➤ Washington D.C.
- ➤ West-Virginia
- ➤ Wisconsin
- ➤ Wyoming
Security Guard Training Center: What You Need to Know
In each state, there are specific training requirements for becoming a security guard. Training levels will depend on whether you’ll be an armed or unarmed guard.
Thus, in our help center, we have gathered all of the information you need to make sure that your training is in order. You will find all the information right here on this website!
Duties and Responsibilities of Security Guards
Security guards protect people, property, employees, guests, and assets. Also, many security guards patrol the grounds, inspect entry points, and watch for suspicious people or behavior. In addition, they may be responsible for permitting the entry of employees. Incidentally, security guards can take action to protect both life and property.
At the same time, security guards also prevent criminal activity from happening. However, if something does occur, the security guard must remain calm and keep the situation under control. Subsequently, let’s look at a list that contains some of the duties of a security guard:
- Firstly, excellent customer service skills.
- Secondly, patrolling, inspecting and watching people, property, and assets.
- Thirdly, preventing suspicious behavior.
- Fourthly, keeping calm at all times, especially during emergencies.
- Lastly, communicating with everyone.
- Finally, representing the company in a professional manner.
What Kind of Employers Hire Security Guards?
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 6% job growth rate in the field between 2016 and 2026. Therefore, with this kind of growth, candidates will find themselves in demand in a job market that is growing!
Keep in mind, employers and owners of warehouses, shopping malls, business offices as well as banks and neighborhoods need security guards. In addition, security guards are in demand today to watch over our schools.
Where Can I Find Security Guard Jobs?
- Today’s internet has made the security guard job application process faster and easier than ever.
- In addition, we will provide for you a link to available security guard jobs that range from armed and unarmed to full- or part-time.
- Finally, when applying online, make sure you have your resume organized and ready to upload before starting the online application process.
Help for Creating Security Guard Resumes
Speaking of having your resume ready, did you proofread it also? Also, if you are applying online, remember to list the following:
- Firstly, any past experiences in security guard training?
- Secondly, talk about your customer-service abilities.
- Thirdly, tell how you helped the department reach a certain goal.
- Fourthly, list any important skills or certifications.
- Lastly, try to keep your resume to one page.
- Again, proofread it before uploading it.
Tips for Security Guard Job Interviews
The skills of a security guard are remaining cool and confident when an emergency happens. Also, it is important to show that confidence during your interview. In addition, an employer will ask questions to find out if you are an honest person or your past history. Naturally, if you have had a criminal record in the past, be honest and don’t lie.
The responsibilities for security guards may include stopping the unwanted behavior or even physically holding suspects. Thus, the security guard must possess excellent customer- service skills.
After all, you are the face of the company. As such, it’s important that you be polite, friendly and helpful to everyone you meet.
Keep in mind, listening and communication skills are important when working in a security role. Therefore, be professional and respectful in all of your interactions.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU
In conclusion, do you need more information about training and finding security guard jobs? Also, are you in need of help for writing your resume or do you need interviewing tips? Finally, if you need step-by-step help in getting that job, contact us, we want to help you! We are here to get you to that next level. Continue reading right here on this website or Sign up to get on our Email List! Either way, we’ve got your back!